Monday, August 9, 2010

Jericho Rosales and the New Chowking Tender Beef Commercial

I'm sure you've seen Jericho Rosales's new commercial for Chowking's Tender Beef. Well, if you haven't yet, I've embedded it at the end of the post. I think it's pretty well known that Jericho came from very humble beginnings, and his journey (much like Sarah Geronimo's was) lends well to a cinematic storyline. In this case, the commercial tracks his kargador days. I have no real problem with the advertisement at all, but it did remind me of Jericho's other commercial for Extra Joss. I guess, it's just that the story is essentially the same, but highlights two distinct brand characteristics.

Chowking's Beef Tender TVC


Extra Joss's Bangon TVC


P.S. I love how clean the Extra Joss commercial was. The black & white treatment really transforms its simple look to something very classic and stylish.

No comments: