Monday, May 31, 2010

Just Caught Up at the Right Time / White Collar Season 2 Start Date

I decided to do some counting on how many shows I do follow week in and week out. Last season, the tally totaled 20! But with the end of LOST, Heroes, Flash Forward, and a couple of shows that are delayed due to the health of its leads (i.e. Dexter and Spartacus), there is now more space and time to add new shows to my to-watch-list!!!

(I've included some pictures from White Collar after the cut.)

I've been hearing a lot about White Collar last season, and decided to get myself a copy of season one. It helped that the whole seasons lasted only 14 episodes and story-wise, it wasn't complicated and drew from the rapport of its odd twosome - Neal Caffrey, a conman, and Peter Burke, the agent who caught the conman. The chemistry and treatment reminded me a bit of Psych, and it only made sense, when I discovered that they were both on USA. (An aside to the readers: I don't reside in the States, so while I watch a ton of shows, I sometimes don't know the specific network a show is on.) This show succeeds in entertaining the audience by containing most of the resolution of a case in an episode, sort of like CSI, but with the FBI in the starring roles. And on a totally different level, Neal Caffrey's style is impeccable or it could be my bias towards his ratpack wardrobe. Well, it does lend to the theme the show tries to expose, with Caffrey as the smooth operator, who disarms everyone with his charm and good looks, and Burke, with his cruder and old school style of FBI fieldwork.

This announcement has been on the web for quite some time already, but let me just repeat it for those who don't know yet. The second season of White Collar is on July 13, 2010!

Photos courtesy of http://www.accidentalsexiness.com/

No comments: