Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Comic-Con 2010 Nears


In what would be the Mecca of geekdom (and I put that in the most positive light, mind you!), Comic-Con 2010 is set to start on July 21 in the San Diego Convention Center. I'm sure everyone has at one point in their life stumbled on the odd side of this convention. It's been covered in recent movies and even TV shows, featuring geeks and dorks donning their favorite character's costume. I remember Psych had an episode featuring George Takei of Star Trek fame. (Because everyone knows Star Trek and Star Wars are probably the biggest geek franchises out there! LOL) But over the years, this convention has grown to include not only the comic book lovers, but has included promotions for new (and old) television shows, video games, and upcoming movies. In other words, this is the event to be in, if I haven't stressed that enough.

(Read more about the Comic-Con schedule after the jump)

E! Online was so kind to everyone by releasing an easier to digest TV schedule for July 21-25 event. They start of with the pilot of the CW's Nikita, starring Maggie Q. It's suppose to be the reincarnation of Le Femme Nikita. I heard they gave a preview of this in the recent Up-Fronts, and Ausiello did say it was surprisingly good.

Some of my favorites are participating in the convention, as well! I'm looking forward to White Collar, Dexter, The Big Bang Theory, Spartacus: Blood and Sand, Chuck, The Vampire Diaries, Glee and Futurama! Joss Whedon and J.J. Abrams also have their own segments in the program. Awesome!

Like what I said earlier, there are movies in the line-up to. Firstshowing.net highlights the panels that are of interest. While I've never watched the first movie, I'm very much looking forward to hearing news about Tron: Legacy. You'll understand my excitement, once you've seen its trailer! It looks so sleek, and cool! They have the banners up on the lampposts in the area already.

If you want the full schedule of all the events in Comic-Con 2010, I suggest checking out the day-by-day schedule of the convention here. Check out their official website!

No comments: